If I had a Million Dollars…What would you do?
If you read my post yesterday then you are very aware of the fact that a lot of people (rich, famous, lucky) have come into money and lost all of it to either drugs or careless spending. This got me to thinking what would I do with £1,000,000 pounds in the bank? My boyfriend claims that he would invest it all-actually I think he would invest a bit and spend the rest on cars and houses. However I am the kind of person who shops for bargains (clothes that look nice and are cheap) and claim that I have everything I could ever want.
A part of me thinks that I would give up my job and go onto the Property Ladder. I love the idea of doing up a house/flat and then selling it for a small fortune and making a profit. Plus I love anything creative all I need is the money to buy the property and then I can run away with it.
First off I would buy a house probably just outside of London but with great transport links. I would do up the house and sell it on but never live in it. At the same time I would buy myself a flat in London that I could do up. I would pay off all the mortgage and have it as a solid investment should I ever become unstuck in any way.
Here is the tough question: Would I give money away to people? A resounding yes but within limits. First off I would give my parents, my brother and sister a cheque of £20,000 each. However when it comes to friends and other family members I think it would be odd to give them money. Of course buying them nice gifts is a given but I would not want them to see me any differently to the person I was before.
I would buy a nice sofa for my new flat!! lol..
I would buy a cheap new car. I am not at all fazed by brand new expensive cars-whats the point? They are either going to get damaged in some way or stolen so might as well save myself both and get a cheap new car that can drive well and get battered by my terrible driving skills.
I would give my boyfriend a cheque for 20,000 so that he can invest or buy a car with it.
But I would not go out and spend money on designer clothes. I like where I shop because it is more me. I would not spend it on drugs-because I have never and will never do them. I would not even spend the money on material posessions (accept for the flat) because they are not particularly interesting to me.
All in all I think I would put the money away just in case I would like a holiday next year or perhaps even just to treat myself. However the majority of it will always be in the bank for future bills!!
Ooo and maybe a large tv??!!
- The Futility of a Pay Cheque (gbonjubolasanni.wordpress.com)
- If I had A Million Dollars (daisymontoya230.wordpress.com)
- Friendly Reminder: rooms full of money edition (digbysblog.blogspot.com)
- Two million dollar cheque found on Madrid metro (euronews.com)
- Saving Your Money 101 (cloverstrips.com)
- What one financial term can teach you about personal savings (theweek.com)
- Detroit’s $300 Million Dollar Quid Pro Quo Bailout with Your Money (grumpyelder.com)
- Cheque-cashing stores bank on lower-income areas: study (sunnewsnetwork.ca)
- Blog Challenge Sixteen: How you would spend a million dollars (merelymovingshadow.wordpress.com)
- What Billionaires, don’t want you to understand about money. (itstartswithbee.org)